About Me

I'm in my 30s, looking for a new job. I have a husband and two cats! I like sports of all kinds, but my favorite is football, and my favorite team is the Colts. I also like to play WoW. This blog is about my adventure to find another job which can be tricky in today's economy. Once I find a job, I may change the style of this blog a bit if I find that I can actually keep up with posting on a regular basis. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, March 28, 2011

On the Verge of Something?

I had an interview today!  It was with a staffing company, but the position is a contract-to-hire job that sounds promising so far.  The recruiter said they take care of their employees (huge YAY) and are a steady company with room for advancement (also yay)!  If I get the job, I hope I can do enough to convince them to keep me.  (Plus, after I become "official" I'd probably get paid more since they would pay me through the staffing company initially.)  She told me they don't have a lot of turnover, and most of their placements at that company have stayed long term.  Guess what else?  I didn't even see this job online; the recruiter found me!  After all the zillions of jobs I applied for, one comes out of the blue.  I am certain I could do the job.  I just hope that they are good people to work with and for.  I think everything else will fall into place.  I make friends easily, and that's always been the hardest part of leaving any job--my friends that I leave behind. 

I could interview with the actual company as soon as Wednesday so I guess that means I'm taking my sister suit-shopping with me tomorrow!  I guess the person who has the job I'm going for is leaving at the end of this week so I could potentially start as soon as Monday!!!  That would be excellent, but it does mean I wouldn't be able to file unemployment for long (maybe like a week's worth).  Oh well, I guess actually being employed would be better!  I think it would allow me to get all my unresolved feelings resolved, and I could actually move the heck on.  

I guess I'm more excited about this position than I realized. :) Let's just hope it works out because staying home is awesome for like a week, and then it gets old fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment