About Me

I'm in my 30s, looking for a new job. I have a husband and two cats! I like sports of all kinds, but my favorite is football, and my favorite team is the Colts. I also like to play WoW. This blog is about my adventure to find another job which can be tricky in today's economy. Once I find a job, I may change the style of this blog a bit if I find that I can actually keep up with posting on a regular basis. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yay!

So let's not talk about the horror that was the Butler/UConn game last night, okay? 

I had an interview today for a job I heard about via a recruiting company I apparently had sent a resume to on Career Builder or something.  I keep track of all of my job applications, but you know what?  It's hard to keep track of them when some companies don't even list their name or even a recruitment firm's name!!  I was basically told there are 2 positions available:  Administrative Assistant (easy, usually low-paying) and Office Manager (ding!).  The only drawback to the Office Manager position was that I'd have to go to Nashville, TN to train for a month.  I wasn't thrilled about that, but that was mostly because it was tough to even get much about the job out of the recruitment firm guy.  Plus, I didn't know what kind of arrangement was going to happen in Nashville because if I were to be away from home for a full month, including weekends?  That would be tough.  However, after my interview today, I feel so much better about the company, the position, the training, all of it!!  The interviewer spoke to me in a hotel atrium which was kind of a nice way to be interviewed instead of in a conference room.  He even told me that my second interview would probably be in a Starbuck's or something.  That right there is cool.  

Anyway, I was told I'd probably be hearing something soon about a second interview.  I'm pretty excited about this job, and I felt I'd sold myself well enough.  I think having a new suit on helped my confidence!  The other great part?  I'd be making WAY more than I was before.  I'm now looking at possibly going to Nashville as an adventure.  I actually love going to new cities and learning how interesting they are in different states.  However, I'm being trained off-site so that I can come back and completely change the culture of the existing location.  Um, awesome?  I'm pretty sure I can do it, but yeah, that's a big responsibility!  I think I'm up for the challenge though.  I entered my last job having no previous experience in that industry, and it was a tough job, but I did it!  (And did it well, I might add.)  

I think one thing I might do is look up Nashville-based food places on Food Network and see what I can eat while down there!  Plus, I think we might have to invest in a laptop so I can take Warcraft with me!  They were aiming to get a person selected by the end of this month so hopefully I don't have to wait too much longer to find out!  I'll still continue to search though.  I had a phone interview yesterday with someone else so at least I'm starting to get calls now.  

After all this, I called my dad to tell him the good news and how well I thought the interview went, and then he tells me he's on the way to see grandpa in the hospital which I knew nothing about.  (His actual words were "I guess you already know about that."  No, not when nobody tells me about it!)  I guess they moved him to the ICU today since he has pneumonia (for like the 5th time).  I won't go into the details, but needless to say, this is not good.  He was a smoker all his life and finally quit when he got COPD and emphysema.  Oh, and had a heart attack.  

Currently I have a cat on my lap who keeps biting me to remind me to feed her (and the other one).  I guess I'll go do that now!  Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment