About Me

I'm in my 30s, looking for a new job. I have a husband and two cats! I like sports of all kinds, but my favorite is football, and my favorite team is the Colts. I also like to play WoW. This blog is about my adventure to find another job which can be tricky in today's economy. Once I find a job, I may change the style of this blog a bit if I find that I can actually keep up with posting on a regular basis. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Few Days In

I'm finding it's really odd not to have to get up at a certain time every day and drive across town. I am definitely the kind of person who likes to keep a schedule. I am attempting to look for jobs every day, but once you do that, the number of pages you have to view every day gets a lot smaller. 

I haven't had a call or email about a potential interview yet. I've had a couple of emails come back to me that indicate I was not selected. One job I am pretty sure I was overqualified/too expensive for. The other was for a job that I really actually wanted, and it was good pay. I was definitely disappointed not to get a call on that one.

I got an email from a former business contact asking for my cell number, but after I responded, I haven't heard anything further so I'm not sure what that was about. 

Maybe I should try to apply for some sort of proofreading job because some of these job descriptions/postings are rife with misspellings, errors, and other nonsense.

You know what's interesting? The senior pastor at my church is moving on to another sort of ministry. He's not sure exactly where to yet, but he's at least listening to God telling him to do something. I cried like a baby on Sunday because I felt like he was talking directly to me and about me. He mentioned that it can be scary, and it definitely is. I think getting let go was probably the best thing to happen to me, as scary as it is. I'm glad we're not hurting for money, but still, what do I do now? I feel like the jobs I'm applying for are okay, but I haven't seen anything that made me go "wow" (other than that job I mentioned being disappointed about). I don't know if I'm supposed to change careers, and if I am, what to?

Not to sound cocky, but I've always been good at school and excelling in just about everything I do. I figured after college, figuring out what to do with my life would be easy once I got my first job. I guess I figured wrong! I'm sure I'm not alone, but I'm entering the second week of not having anything to do. I have a best friend who's been in the same job since graduating college. I kind of envy her. She seems to be doing well, and she's doing what she's good at. She seems to have found her calling. What is mine??

One thing I am glad about is that this will tell us if I can be a SAHM when/if we do have children! Sorry if this is a rambly post, but if you've read it, comment please! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to myself, and I do enough of that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment